Friday, August 28, 2009

It's almost here guys!!


On September 5th and 6th the techno carnival (aka "Electric Zoo Festival") will be taking over Randall's Island, NYC all day until late at night (and then there are the afterparties...which will be ridiculous). This is a very exciting moment for NY's electronic music history and if anything solidifies the city's refreshing resurgence as a dance music capital, this festival is it! I know everyone is really hyped for this so I knew some kind of kick off was in store. I asked a couple of NYC DJs to make exclusive mixes to run throughout the week before the fest. These DJs represent a diversity of music and style in electronic music brewing in this city, from nu disco to funky tech house to dirty minimal and badass techno. This selection kind of sums up my summer as far as music I've been hearing and who has stood out to me the most. Thanks guys! Stay tuned and spread the word.

No comments:

Post a Comment